Friday, November 13, 2009

national library of the philippines

With barely any rest to ward off the effects of jetlag, I was up and at it the next afternoon. I had a full schedule. My first stop was the National Library of the Philippines, where I had an appointment to meet with Director. Unfortunately, she was held up at the Manila International Book Fair, which ironically was one of my stops later that afternoon.

After waiting a while, I met with Yolanda "Yolie" Jacinto, Head of Collection Development instead. She kindly answered all my questions, telling me about the Library's collections and the procedures for obtaining materials.

This is me with Yolie. Look, I'm taller than her!
As my time was rather limited, I did not get a chance to get a tour of the Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment