Sunday, January 3, 2010

flight to cebu

On September 20, I flew to Cebu. While waiting for my flight, there was announcement that there was going to hold mass near one of the gates. It turns out they were holding it right by the table at which I was sitting. So, when the priest started to set up behind me and the people started to gather, I had to move. Here is a picture taken after I'd vacated my spot.

This was the first time that I'd heard of or witnessed a mass at an airport. I knew about masses in malls in the Philippines. I find these religious celebrations at secular places both interesting and off-putting. I'm not sure why. I'd be interested in studying the phenomenon, though.

Once I was in the air, I took photos from the plane. The first picture was taken shortly after take off, I think. The rest are of various islands. Just don't ask me which ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment